How to play?
The ‘It pays to know’ competition is open to all GAC staff and their families – one entry per family. Family members must state the name of the GAC employee to whom they are related.
Three winners will be picked from the lucky draw. Each winner will receive a USD 200 cash prize! The winners’ names will be published in the next issue.
Simply submit your answers to the following questions together with your name and contact details to Fongpyng Chin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 13 November 2017
- What is the PSG, and who are its members?
- How much did GAC Bunker Fuels pay in commission to other GAC Group companies in 2016?
- By how much did the number of cruise calls GAC handled in Asia in 2016 increase, compared to the previous year?
- What does multi-tasking businesswoman, wife, mother and Founding President of WISTA Sri Lanka Shehara Jayawardana do in her spare time?
The winners of the quiz in GAC Chat 04/2017 are:
- Dilip Kumar
Assistant Customer Service Manager, GAC Dubai
- Rita Raj
Secretarial & Administration Manager, GAC Malaysia
- Elango Nallathambi
Warehouse Supervisor, GAC Dubai
The questions with answers for GAC Chat 04/2017 are:
- How old was Martin Wallgren when he started his first company, and what was he selling?
18, compost bins
- What social media tool are GAC agents at Durban using to give clients live updates on their vessels?
- Name the ferries that GAC Poland recently saw through their refits at Gdansk for P&O Ferries?
Pride of York, Pride of Canterbury, Pride of Bruges & Pride of Burgundy
- Which three charities will receive the prize money from the 2016 Chairman’s Award for HSSE Excellence?
World Child Cancer, TFC-together orphanage & Yayasan Heesu Cahaya Cinta home for children with special needs